• Barbecue: Jones Memorial United Methodist Church, 4131 Ringgold Road, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., $8 plate, $4.50 sandwiches, $9 meat by the pound. 624-6073.
• Bonfire & Barbecue: Sale Creek School, at old tennis courts, 211 Patterson Road, Sale Creek, Tenn., 6 p.m.. First football homecoming celebration, UT-Florida game shown on big-screen TV, T-shirts $10, barbecue sold by Mo-Mo's. Proceeds to help fund school football program. 332-8819.
• Hearing loss association: Ronald McDonald House, 200 Central Ave., 2 p.m., visitors welcome. Information about the Tennessee Association of the Deaf Blind and TADB camp experiences by John Forbes. Real-time captioning and loop system provided. www.hearingchattanooga.org
• Bradley County Democratic Party: Bradley County-Cleveland Public Library community room, 795 Church St., Cleveland, Tenn., 7 p.m., visitors welcome. Planning session for events/activities before early voting starts Oct. 17. 336-1129.
• Constitution Day lecture: UTC campus, Benwood Auditorium in the Math, Engineering and Science Building, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets, 7 p.m., free. Dr. James W. Ceaser speaks on "The Ties That Bind: What We Feel for our Constitution." 425-4363.
• Friends of Moccasin Bend lecture: Tennessee Aquarium auditorium, 7 p.m., free. Michell Hicks, principal chief of the Eastern Band of Cherokee, is speaker. www.moccasinbendpark.org.
• Hamilton County Republican Women: GOP Headquarters, 1428 Chestnut St., Suite E, 11:30 a.m. Claire Crouch, state president of Tennessee Federation of Republican Women, is guest speaker. Lunch reservations required: 266-6855.
• Senior Living Expo: Walker County Civic Center, Highway 27, Rock Spring, Ga., 9 a.m.-4 p.m., free. Health screenings, limited legal assistance from Georgia Legal Services, senior talent show, Veterans Administration Van, entertainment, farmers market. 866-565-8213.
• Barnyard auction: Chattanooga Choo Choo, 1400 Market St., 6:30 p.m. dinner, 7:15 p.m. auction, $35. Sponsored by Chattanooga chapter of Executive Women International. Reservations: 321-1651.
• Civil War lecture: Cleveland State Community College, Barker Humanities Building, Cleveland, Tenn., 6 p.m., free. Professor Neil Greenwood speaks on The Battle of Antietam.472-7141.
• Gandhi lecture: Eastgate Town Center, center stage, 5600 Brainerd Road, 5 p.m., free. Dr. Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, speaks on "A Season of Nonviolence." 425-7826.
• Birding by bike: Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St., 9-11:30 a.m., free, bring bike and helmet. To register: 643-6888.