Blessing of animals
• White Oak United Methodist Church, 2232 Lyndon Ave., Red Bank; 10 a.m. today; Blessing of the Animals service; 877-6042 or www.whiteoakumc.org.
• Red Bank Baptist Church, 4000 Dayton Blvd.; 6-9 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 29; live Money Map Seminar by Crown Financial Ministries offers practical financial help by explaining how God intersects with money and family lives; $25, including snacks and workbook; preregistration required; 877-4514 or crown.org.
• Hulsey Wellness Center, 4870 University Drive (Southern Adventist University), Collegedale, Tenn.; 7-9 p.m. Oct. 4 and Oct. 11; Collegedale University Church Community Health Outreach-sponsored vegetarian cookery classes offer demonstrations, heart-healthy recipe samples, health talks and door prizes; $5 for each or $7.50 for both; registration deadline Oct. 1; 396-3399 or 396-2134.
• Cohulla Baptist Church, 227 Strawhill Church Road S.E., Cleveland, Tenn.; 10:30 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also at Charity Baptist Church, 400 Dalton Pike S.E., Cleveland, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Philadelphia Baptist Church, 1065 Pine Grove Road, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30 p.m. Friday; weekly singing features The Burns Family and Heirborn Quartet; 706-891-5683.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 7:30 p.m. Monday; Music at St. Paul's series concert by classical guitarist Jason Vieaux (reception follows); $10 adults, $5 students; 266-8195.
• St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St.; 7:30 p.m. Friday; Music at St. Paul's series concert by organist Keith S. Reas (reception follows); free; 266-8195.
• Signal Mountain Baptist Church, 939 Ridgeway Ave.; 6:30 p.m. Sunday; concert by Jericho Brass featuring cornet solo by Candice Kortyka; free; 443-5382.
• First Baptist Church, 401 Gateway Ave.; noon Thursday; monthly Scenic City Women's Network luncheon features message "Flourishing: One Step at a Time" by counselor and columnist Tabi Upton; $10 members, $12 visitors; reservations deadline Tuesday; 698-6262 or email email@example.com.