The Rev. Bruce W. Ullman is now the rector of Anglican Church of the Redeemer, 1815 McCallie Ave. He will be installed in his position in a ceremony at the church on May 5 at 6 p.m.
A native of Marietta, Ohio, Ullman was ordained a priest by the Anglican Church in North America in 2012. He received a bachelor's degree from Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va., and a master of divinity degree from Trinity School for Ministry in Ambridge, Pa. He also studied at Westminster Seminary in Pennsylvania and Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.
Ullman, who succeeds the Rev. Tom Waddell as rector, is also a chaplain in the U.S. Air Force Reserve and has served as chaplain resident for Erlanger Health Systems.
He is married to the former Lauren Jones of Birmingham, Ala.
• Graceworks Church, 6445 Lee Highway; 6-8:30 p.m. Thursday; Men's Ministry Network "Advancing the Battle" dinner conference for men who are or who desire to be disciple-makers, features message by Gordon Adams, former vice president for the Navigators and retired founder of Vision Foundation, plus testimonies, disciples commissioning and break-out sessions; 893-8885.
• Brainerd Crossroads (BX), 4011 Austin St.; 8 a.m.-3:15 p.m. Saturday, April 20, and 8:30 a.m. or 11:15 a.m. Sunday, April 21; Men's Ministry Network Discipleship Enrichment Weekend features Bill Hull and Robby Gallaty; $15; 893-8885
• Hickory Valley Christian Church, 6605 Shallowford Road; 5-7 p.m. Friday; community Daddy Daughter Date Night welcomes fathers and daughters ages 2-18 for evening of dancing and refreshments (formal attire encouraged); $10 per dad (daughters free), with extra charge for portraits; 892-4270 or email hvcc email@example.com.
• Fort Bluff Camp, 370 Fort Bluff Camp Road, Dayton, Tenn.; 5 p.m. Sunday, April 26, and 1 p.m. Saturday, April 27; retreat for fathers and sons ages 10 and up, with theme of "Building Real Men"; $100 per father/son pair ($25 for each additional son); 1-800-251-4027.
• Chattanooga First Seventh-day Adventist Church, 7450 Standifer Gap Road (fellowship hall); 2 p.m. Sunday; couponing class; 893-5105.
• College Seventh-day Adventist Church, 4829 College Drive (fellowship hall); 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, April 16-May 7; three-week DVD series, "Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage"; free with child care available; 396-2134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Lusk Church of God, Old York Highway, Pikeville, Tenn.; 11 a.m. Sunday; concert by Jim Ricketts and Crystle Elam; 775-2806; also, Frostbite House of Prayer, 10161 Summer City Road, Spring City, Tenn., 6 p.m. Sunday.
• Simpson United Methodist Church, 601 McFarland Ave., Rossville, Ga.; 3 p.m. Sunday; Sunday Afternoons at Simpson presentation of concert of church music from the Renaissance and Baroque periods by The King's Quire; 706-866-3410.
• Collegedale Church of Seventh-day Adventists, 4829 College Drive; 7:30 p.m. Sunday; concert by Southern Adventist University Symphony Orchestra and guest violinist Mark Reneau features works by Ralph Vaughn Williams; free; 236-2880.
• The Salvation Army, 800 McCallie Ave.; 2-4 p.m. Saturday, April 20; visual, musical or performance artists of any economic status, housing situation, education or age sought for participation in Corps 614 Recreate Cafe's Psalms of the City Arts Festival; participation deadline Monday; no charge to participate; 305-6208 or email tenika_dye@uss. salvationarmy.org.
• Church of the Good Shepherd, 211 Franklin Road, Lookout Mountain; 4 p.m. Sunday, April 21; Choral Arts of Chattanooga spring concert presentation of "A Requiem For All People" by Johannes Brahms; $15 adults, $5 students, free for children under 12; 598-3274 or 294-1241; also at Brainerd United Methodist Church, 4315 Brainerd Road, 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 23.
• Oakwood Community Church, 3927 Webb Road; 6 p.m. Sunday, April 21; Jonathan Bond of Young Harmony and others guest for singing; 648-9388.
• Daisy United Methodist Church, 9508 Old Dayton Pike, Soddy-Daisy; 10 a.m.-2 p.m. today; second annual giveaway of seedlings, mature flowers divisions or full plants; no charge but donations accepted; 326-9248.
• Chattanooga House of Prayer, Carter and Main streets (third floor); 10 a.m. Saturday, April 20; meeting of Chattanooga Aglow Lighthouse features message by pastor Andrew Towe and his wife, Brooke; lunch follows at Broad Street Grille.
• First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 1505 N. Moore Road; 11 a.m. Sunday; annual Kirkin' of the Tartans service honors Americans of Scottish descent and heritage and features music by the City of Chattanooga Pipe Band and host choir; family kilts/plaid attire encouraged; 698-2556 or www.firstcumberland.com.
• Catoosa County Baptist Association, 72 Old Mill Lane, Ringgold, Ga.; 6:30-9 p.m. April 26-27; Catoosa County Baptist Association-sponsored "Revival At The Tabernacle" offers nightly music and messages from local evangelists; 706-937-5323 or email email@example.com.