* Baylor School -- Sam Greene: Football, Phil Hibdon Award, National Honor Society, Red Circle, Northside Neighborhood House volunteer.
* East Hamilton High -- Austin Segar: Track, cross country, FCA vice president, Beta Club, National English Honors Society, school leadership class.
* Grace Baptist Academy -- Aaron Tisdale: Football, basketball, track, Beta Club, Horizon Award, children's home volunteer.
* Howard High School -- Daisha Bell: Volleyball, basketball senior class president, salutatorian, Student Council, On Point.
* Lookout Valley High School -- William Long: Football, basketball, National Honor Society, Future Business Leaders of America, English Award.
* McCallie School -- Jonathan Azan: Soccer, Missionary Committee, resident advisor, inner city youth assistant soccer coach, camp counselor.
* Ooltewah High School -- Josh Clark: Soccer, cross country, National Honor Society, class officer, student body officer, Key Club.
* Red Bank High School -- Taralyn Wiley: Cheerleader, National Honor Society, JROTC battalion commander, FCA leadership team, Ronald McDonald House volunteer.
* Rhea County High School -- Blake Wilkey: Soccer, church youth group leader, upcoming church internship.
* Richard Hardy Memorial High School -- Hannah Raulston: Basketball, soccer, junior and senior class vice president, Beta Club, Interact Club, Model United Nations.
* Sale Creek High School -- Zach Pugh: Baseball, basketball, Student Council, yearbook staff, FCA male president, worship band drummer.
* Silverdale Baptist Academy -- Michaela Harrison: Soccer, softball, cheerleader, Student Council, yearbook committee, peer tutor.
* Soddy-Daisy High School -- Kimberly O'Neill: Cheerleading, FCA president, Diamond Girls officer, Beta Club, community volunteer.
* South Pittsburg High School -- Kirby Bennett: Basketball, volleyball, softball, junior and senior class secretary/treasurer, yearbook staff.
* St. Andrews-Sewanee School -- Edwin Ashcraft: Cross country, baseball, football, baseball coaches award, proctor.
* Tyner Academy -- Mahoghany Hudgins: Basketball, Future Business Leaders of America, Ms. Tyner, breast cancer walk participant.
* Whitwell High School -- Benjamin Sartin: Football, Tiger Pride, youth group teacher, community volunteer.
Lyndon Johnson was the new president, the Beatles had just made their first appearance on "The Ed Sullivan Show," a gallon of milk cost $1.06 and the Ford Mustang had just been introduced when the local Fellowship of Christian Athletes named its first Christian Athlete of the Year in 1964.
The 50th annual Night of Champions, which honors a public or private high school senior in a seven-county area, is set for Monday at 6:30 p.m. in First Presbyterian Church, 554 McCallie Ave.
"It's a significant milestone for FCA," says Jay Fowler, director of the Greater Chattanooga/Southeast Tennessee chapter of the organization. "We're thankful to God that he's allowed this ministry to be able to recognize FCA Christian Athletes of the Year for 50 years in the Chattanooga area."
The evening will offer $6,000 in scholarships as well as honor winners of the Gerry Stephens Influence Award, Jim Sattler Leadership Award, Legacy Builder Coaches Award and Church Partner of the Year Award.
The scholarships are funded by the Maclellan Foundation. Maclellan or its related organizations have helped fund the scholarships since their inception.
The cost to attend the banquet is $5, and the public is invited. There is no charge for FCA huddle coaches and Athlete of the Year candidates. Reservations must be made by Friday by calling the FCA office at 877-3561.
Fowler says the winner will be only one of 17 winners on the Night of Champions.
"They're all wonderfully well-rounded student athletes who have been great Christian leaders on their campus," he says.
Contact staff writer Clint Cooper at email@example.com or 423-757-6497. Subscribe to his posts online at Facebook.com/ClintCooperCTFP.