Ash Wednesday services
• Daisy United Methodist Church, 9508 Dayton Blvd., Soddy-Daisy, 6:30 p.m.
• First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave., 12:05 p.m. and 6:15 p.m.
• Pilgrim Congregational Church, 400 Glenwood Drive, 7 p.m.
• Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, 14950 Rhea County Highway North, Evensville, Tenn., 7 p.m.
• St. Andrews Anglican Church, 2407 Fairmont Pike, Signal Mountain, 6 p.m.
• St. Francis of Assisi Episcopal Church, 7555 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road, noon and 7 p.m.
• Signal Crest United Methodist Church, 1005 Ridgeway Ave., 6:30 p.m.
• Signal Mountain Presbyterian Church, 612 James Blvd., 6:30 p.m.
• Soddy United Methodist Church, 225 Depot St., Soddy-Daisy, 7 p.m.
• Oakwood Baptist Church, 115 Oakwood St., Chickamauga, Ga.; 2-5 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16; church-sponsored Northwest Georgia Sportsman's Expo features wild-game dinner, gun raffle, hunting supplies, car/motorcycle show, inflatables, bluegrass gospel by Highpoint Bluegrass Band and speaker Jason Cruise, founder of Outdoor Ministry Network; $7 adults, $3 children 12 and under ($10 and $5 at door); 706-375-5760 or www.oakwoodbc.org/woodsandwater.
• Pentecostal Theological Seminary, 900 Walker St. NE, Cleveland, Tenn.; Tuesday-Thursday; Black Ministries Awareness Celebration, "Strength to Love," offers worship services and special guests; 478-7707.
• First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave. (parlor); beginning 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16; eight-session, ecumenical small group Forward offers support for people who have lost a spouse recently or in years past; free; 756-2021.
• Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Ga.; Thursday-Saturday Feb. 16; lecture series, "Learning To Pray With African Christians: Ethnography, Theology and a World of Christianity," by Mark Gornik, author and director of City Seminary of New York; schedule: 11 a.m. Thursday, chapel, "Learning to Pray with African Christians," 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Brock Hall, "The Anthropology of Christianity," 11 a.m. Friday, chapel, "Relearning Theology from African Churches," 6:30 p.m. Friday, Brock Hall, "Perspectives and Practices of Ethnography," 8 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, Brock Hall, "Voices, Dreams, and Burning Bushes"; free; 706-820-1560 or www.covenant.edu.
• Benedictine Sisters Retreat Center, 916 Convent Road, Cullman, Ala.; Friday through noon meal Feb. 17; Lenten retreat led by David Foley, bishop emeritus of the Catholic Diocese of Birmingham; $185 for shared room or $210 for private room (both including meals and lodging); 256-734-8302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Chamberlain Baptist Church, 4064 S. Access Road; 6 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17; gospel concert by Steve Hess and Southern Salvation; free but love offering received; 624-4323.
• Sale Creek United Methodist Church, 14909 Dayton Pike; 11 a.m. Sunday; gospel concert by The Supernals; free but love offering received; 423-240-3356.
• Union Missionary Baptist Church, 797 Hughes Lake Road, Cleveland, Tenn.; 6 p.m. Sunday; concert featuring Dallas Rogers, Restored Trio and Brothers in Hymn; free (and free food) but donations will fund mission trip; 479-2081.
• Out of the Blue Cafe, 3230 Brainerd Road; 10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 16; Aglow Kingdom Community Lighthouse lunch meeting features message from Sarah Perry and worship ministry from mother-daughter dance team Rhonda Bonner and Candace Harris; reservations, 296-1631 or 899-4809.
• Conn Center, 150 11th St., Cleveland, Tenn.; 7:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17; Lee alum Jonathan Ernstly Etienne is featured musical artist for nontraditional U-church service for students, alumni and community; free; 614-8347 or www.jonathanernstlyetienne.com.