* Go Greek Information Session: The Church on Main, 1601 Rossville Ave., 2 p.m., free, open to all high school senior girls and their moms. Sorority recruitment information session for rising freshmen women, whether attending college at home or away, with fashion show and door prizes, sponsored by Chattanooga Alumnae Panhellenic Association. No reservation required.
* Walker County Historical Society: Marsh House, 308 N. Main St., LaFayette, Ga., 3 p.m., visitors welcome. Panel discussion on black schools in Walker County from 1865 forward, with special focus on Hill High School, the only all-black high school in Walker County. All Hill High alumni and former faculty invited to participate and bring mementos to share. 706-764-2801.
* Read Across America: Hamilton Place, Center Stage, 6-7 p.m., free, children's story hour with visit from the Cat in the Hat. Readings continue each day at 6 p.m. through Friday. 752-0300.
* Caribbean Beach Party: The Mill event hall, 1601 Gulf St., 7-11 p.m., $50, Jamaican food and music, limbo and island shirt contests, benefits Caribbean and local clean water initiatives. 413-0471.
* Open House: Garuda Screenprinting, 149-B River St., 5-8 p.m., free reception to tour new location, refreshments catered by The Farmer's Daughter, art exhibit by Mike Lester. www.garudascreenprinting.com
* UTC Faculty Concert: UTC Fine Arts Center, 752 Vine St., 7:30 p.m., free. Clarinetist Nikolasa Tejero and pianist Tim Hinck present "The Clarinet in the New World 4.0: Dances Across the Americas," featuring music of dance traditions from Pan-American countries. 425-4601
* Athens Arts Gala: The Arts Center, 320 N. White St., Athens, Tenn., 7 p.m.-midnight, $75 per person, silent and live auctions, performances by Our Three Tenors and cast of "Always ... Patsy Cline," and dancing to music of The Beaters. www.athensartscouncil.org
* Cardiac Health Fair: Erlanger East, 1755 Gunbarrel Road, 9 a.m.-noon, free but registration required. Vascular and cardiac screenings with information from surgeons, cardiologists and other healthcare providers. For ages 50 and older or 40 and older with risk factors such as smoking, diabetes or high blood pressure. 778-LINK.
* Dr. Seuss Birthday Party: Hamilton Place, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. play area, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Center Stage, free. Read Across America celebration includes free learning checkups at play area, snacks, book readings, activities and free book to first 500 children at birthday party in Center Stage area. www.LiveUnitedChattanooga.org