* Southern Jesters Comedy Show: Cloud Springs Deli, 4097 Cloud Springs Road, 6-7:45 p.m., $5. Family-friendly improv comedy group performs. 596-9102.
* Birding: Meet at St. Elmo Bi-Lo, 3801 Tennessee Ave., at 8 a.m. to car caravan to McLemore Cove in Walker County, Ga. Free three-hour session to look for Northern Harrier, red-tailed hawks, woodpeckers and blackbirds. Bring binoculars and sack lunch with beverage. 322-7866.
* Childbirth education class: Erlanger East, Gunbarrel Road, 5:30 p.m., $125, series of classes for expectant parents. Second series starts Saturday, Jan. 12. To register for either, call 778-LINK.
* Documentary screening: Girls Preparatory School, 205 Island Ave., 6 p.m., free. Andrew Beck Grace, director, filmmaker and producer of "Eating Alabama," screens his award-winning film about Southern farmers and food sustainability. 634-3475.
* Executive Women International: Doubletree Hotel, 5:30 p.m. social hour, 6 p.m. dinner and presentation by Darin Wright of Elea Blake cosmetics, $20 for guests of EWI members, $25 all others. www.ewi.chattanooga.org.
* Chattanooga Stamp Club: Hickory Valley Christian Church, 6605 Shallowford Road, 6:30 p.m. doors open, 7:30 p.m. meeting with election of officers. Program is video from the American Topical Association, "Integrating the U.S. Navy." Visitors welcome. 344-7849.
* Sandhill Crane Cruise: Sale Creek Marina, 3900 Lee Pike, Soddy-Daisy, 9:30 a.m., $25-$39. Join members of the Tennessee Aquarium for a cruise aboard the Blue Moon. Tour includes barbecue lunch, naturalists to lead discussions. Reservations required, limited space available. 800-262-0695.
* Sandhill crane migration: Depart from Starbucks on Hamilton Place Boulevard at 10 a.m. to car caravan to Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge. View cranes' migration and possibly see bald eagles. Free; bring bag lunch and hot beverage in a vacuum flask. Wear warm clothing. Reservations required; limited to 40 people. 322-7866.