* Book signing: Lifeway Christian Bookstore, 2200 Hamilton Place Blvd., 1-4 p.m., Rita Carr signs "My Journey Home: Jesus Christ the Rescuer of Wounded Emotions." 423-893-3290.
* Book Signing: Barnes & Noble, Hamilton Place, 3-5 p.m., former Chattanoogan Cathy Napier signs "Operation Daughters Addicted." 505-948-1942.
* Artists fair: Village Market, 5002 University Drive, Collegedale, Tenn., 8 a.m. -6 p.m., free. 236-2301.
* Bradley County Democratic Party: Cleveland-Bradley County Public Library, 795 Church St., Cleveland, Tenn., 6 p.m. Bradley County Democratic Women meet, 7 p.m. regular meeting, visitors welcome. Bill Estes, dean of the College of Education at Lee University and Cleveland City Councilman, will speak on "The Greatest Short-Term and Long-Term Threat to Bradley County."
* Walker County United Progressives: Home of David Boyle, 472 Loughridge Lane, LaFayette, Ga., 7 p.m., visitors welcome; all participants asked to bring their favorite political cartoon. 706-764-2801.
* Chattanooga Photographic Society: St. John United Methodist Church, 3921 Murray Hills Drive, 7 p.m., visitors welcome. Program by sports photographer Andy Mitchell. 344-5643.
* Southern Appalachian Back Country Horsemen: Tri-State Exhibition Center, Interstate 75 North, exit 20, Cleveland, Tenn., bear left off exit and follow road to exhibition center, 6 p.m., all horse owners welcome. Randy Speegle presents program on how to maneuver a horse over trail obstacles. 238-5540.
* Walker County Historical Society: Meet in the Marsh House parking lot, 308 N. Main St., LaFayette, Ga., to carpool to 1848 Clisby Austin House in Tunnel Hill, Ga., 2:15 p.m., visitors welcome. 706-764-2801.