• Read-A-Palooza: Hamilton Place, JCPenney Court's stage, noon-4 p.m., free. United Way of Greater Chattanooga sponsors children's literacy event with carnival games, arts and crafts and reading. LiveUnitedChattanooga.org.
• Complementary Health Education Organization: Nutrition World, 6201 Lee Highway, 2-4 p.m., holistic health group's meeting is open to the public. Program by Riva Teem on maintaining a healthy digestive system and energy medicine. 413-9343.
• Historical Association lecture: Chattanooga Public Library, 1001 Broad St., 6 p.m., free. Chattanooga Area Historical Association sponsors talk by Times Free Press columnist David Cook on "The Tea Party and Women's Liberation." 364-3169.
• Sierra Club: Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St., 7 p.m., free, Megan Spooner speaks on Tennessee Healthy Energy Campaign, using local efforts as examples of energy efficiency. 718-5009.
• Ross Mason Lecture: First Tennessee Bank, 1350 Broad St., 5-7 p.m., registration required. The Company Lab and First Tennessee Bank sponsor "GIGTANK Presents: Ross Mason on Innovation, Healthcare and Chattanooga." Mason, founder of the Healthcare Institute for Neuro-Recovery and Innovation, will speak on the need for entrepreneurial thinking in health care. gigtankrossmason.eventbrite.com.
• Lookout Valley community party: John A. Patten Recreation Center, 3202 Kelly's Ferry Road, noon-4 p.m., free. Lookout Valley Neighborhood Association sponsors Red, White and Blue party with music by Elvis and Friends and Cowboy Country Band. Bring picnic lunch and lawn chairs.