• Benefit concert: Pleasant Grove Baptist Church, 799 Inman St., Cleveland, Tenn., 5 p.m., donations accepted at gospel concert to help pay medical expenses of cancer patients Joy Wright and the late Rodney Wright. 423-544-3387.
• Humane Educational Society work day: Humane Educational Society, 212 N. Highland Park Ave., noon-4 p.m., volunteers needed to help paint, repair broken kennel doors, clear brush from fencing and other improvements. 423-624-5302.
• Catoosa County Historical Society: Old Stone Church, 41 Old Catoosa Parkway, Ringgold, Ga. 7 p.m., visitors welcome, the Moravians will be the topic of speaker John Hutcheson, a retired history professor from the former Dalton Junior College, door prize will be drawn, social hour and refreshments follow.
• Chattanooga Democratic Women's Club: IBEW Local 175 Union Hall, 3922 Volunteer Drive, 6 p.m., visitors welcome; members bring homemade soups for dinner followed by business and planning meeting. 423-870-1848.
• UTC Jazz Band Concert: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Fine Arts Center, corner of Vine and Palmetto streets, 7:30 p.m., free. 423-425-4601.
• Chattanooga Music Teachers Association: Crutcher Pianos, 6223 Lee Highway, 9:30 a.m., free and visitors welcome. Program on chamber music by Bruce Ashton, daughter Ellen Francisco and grandson Nathan Francisco, "Pipes, Strings and Keys."
• Women's Leadership Talk: Lee University, School of Religion's Jones Lecture Hall, Cleveland, Tenn., 7 p.m., free, the Rev. Jo Anne Lyon, general superintendent of the Wesleyan Church, speaks on "Women in Executive Leadership." 423-478-1131.