• Complemetary Health Education Organization: Nutrition World, Vance Road at Lee Highway, 2 p.m., free. Program by Jeannie Harrison on medicine cabinet makeovers with natural solutions and Donna McMillan on Reiki and energy tools for personal health.
• Street Smarts bicycle safety class: Tennessee Riverpark, Amnicola Marsh Meeting Room, Amnicola Highway, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., $30 per rider, preregistration required, class for ages 8-15 presented by Cohutta Adventures and Hamilton County Parks and Recreation. Participants must be able to ride unassisted and must wear helmet; early arrival and late pickup available for additional fee. www.bikereg.com/street-smarts-1-day-minicamp.
• Archaeology lecture: Southern Adventist University, Lynn Wood Hall Auditorium, Collegedale, 7 p.m, free, Michael G. Hasel reports on excavations at Lachish and new discoveries in Israel. 423-236-2030.
• Civil War talk: St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St., 7 p.m., free. Chickamauga and Chattanooga National Military Park historian Jim Ogden speaks on "Chattanooga's Churches Under Siege, 1862-63." 423-266-8195.
• Fall Family Fun Night: Heritage Pointe Baptist Church, 60 Dyer Bridge Place, Ringgold, Ga., 6:30 p.m., free, medical screenings, haircuts, financial counseling, kids' games, crafts. 706-858-0976.
• Chattanooga Storytellers: Northgate Public Library, 278 Northgate Mall Drive, 6 p.m., free, members participate in Scary Story Showcase open to the public, stories will be appropriate for children. 423-779-4466.
• Fall festival: Glory Road Baptist Church, 3336 Lakeview Drive, Rossville, Ga., 8 a.m.-3 p.m., free, flea market, pintos and cornbread lunch, some vendors in fundraiser for Rossville church. 423-653-7171.
• Fall festival: Orchard Knob Missionary Baptist Church, 1734 E. Third St., 1-4 p.m., free community party with games, inflatables, arts and crafts, treats. Organizers request children do not wear costumes. 423-629-6115.