Parents of children applying for kindergarten admission to Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts must complete a four-step process in order to receive an application for the Kindergarten Lottery Drawing, according to information provided by the school.
All steps must be completed, but parents may choose to attend sessions at CSLA or Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences. Parents will receive proof of attendance at the completion of each meeting.
1. School tours: Parents must attend a prescheduled tour of either CSLA or CSAS during September. Tours are being held at CSLA on Tuesdays and at CSAS on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
2. Paideia philosophy meeting: Parents must attend an information meeting either Oct. 1 at 6 p.m. at CSLA or Oct. 3 at 6 p.m. at CSAS.
3. Orientation meeting: Parents must attend an orientation to receive information about academic and behavioral expectations. Meetings will be held Oct. 15 at 6 p.m. at CSLA and Oct. 17 at 6 pm. at CSAS.
4. Seminar meeting: Parents must attend a seminar session either Nov. 5 at 6 p.m. at CSLA or Nov. 7 at 6 p.m. at CSAS.
Upon completion of these four steps, parents may exchange attendance slips for an application to CSLA. Applications will be accepted Nov. 5-25. Public numbering lotteries will be held for all qualified applicants whose applications for either CSLA or CSAS were received prior to Nov. 26. The lottery will be held Dec. 2 at 2 p.m. at the Hamilton County Board of Education.
- Compiled by staff writer Susan Pierce