• School Carnival: Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, 1800 Bailey Ave., 10 a.m.-3 p.m., free admission, nominal ticket fees for activities, benefits academic and enrichment programs at CGLA. 423-702-7320.
• Gym-Masters Show: Southern Adventist University, Iles P.E. Center, Collegedale, Tenn., 9 p.m., $5, university's acrobatic team presents its annual home show. 423-236-2850.
• Gym-Masters Show: Southern Adventist University, Iles P.E. Center, Collegedale, Tenn., 2:30 p.m., $5, university's acrobatic team presents its annual home show. 423-236-2850.
• Chattanooga Herbies: Hamilton County Extension Office, 6183 Adamson Circle, off Bonny Oaks Drive, 6:30 p.m., visitors welcome, featured herb is oregano. 423-875-9689.
• UTC Jazz Band: UTC Fine Arts Center, 752 Vine St., 7:30 p.m., free, with guest clarinetist Nikolasa Tejero and vocalists Amy Elizabeth Oaks and Alea Tveit. 423-425-4601.
• Weight-Loss Surgery Seminar: Chattanooga Bariatrics, 7405 Shallowford Road, Suite 160, 5:30 p.m., seminar on gastric banding and the new sleeve procedure. Free, but reservations required due to limited seating: 423-899-1000.
• Chattanooga Stamp Club: Hickory Valley Christian Church, 6605 Shallowford Road, 6:30 p.m. doors open, 7:30 pm. program on First Day Covers, visitors welcome. APS Sales books available to select stamps for purchase. 325-280-5549.
• Sunset Concert Series: North River Civic Center, 1009 Executive Drive, behind Northgate Library, 7 p.m., free, performance by musicians Pattee Wilbanks and Dale Martin. 423-591-0111.