• Dixie Jewels Insulator Club Swap Meet: Dalton Freight Depot, 305 S. Depot St., Dalton, Ga., 8:30 a.m.-3 p.m., free, regional meeting of glass insulator collectors, glass and porcelain for sale also. 423-326-9248.
• Sale Creek Lions Club Barbecue: Lions Club building, 15222 Coppinger Road, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., $7 plate with fixings, add $1 for drink and dessert, gospel acts perform on the hour. 423-332-3996.
• Complementary Health Education Organization: Nutrition World, 2-4 p.m., free and visitors welcome, Ellen Craig leads program on transcendental meditation and how it is being used to help returning veterans with post traumatic stress disorder, autistic children, battered women and the homeless. 706-952-1608.
• Hamilton County Republican Women: Morning Pointe of Hixson, 5501 Old Hixson Pike, 11:30 a.m., visitors welcome, reservations required for lunch. 423-910-0612.
• Photographic Society of Chattanooga: St. John United Methodist Church, 3921 Murray Hills Drive, 6 p.m. boot camp on 'What Makes a Good Picture;" 7 p.m. program by Dianne Blankenbaker on photographing birds, visitors welcome. 423-344-5643.