• Community Garden Start-up Workshop: EPB Community Room, 10 M.L. King Blvd., 9 a.m.-3 p.m. today, noon-4 p.m. Sunday, sliding fee scale of $50-$100. Crabtree Farms staff teaches basics of successful community gardening on Saturday, leads tour of existing gardens on Sunday. 423-493-9155.
• Chattanooga Obedience Club: Club training facility, Highway 193 in Flintstone, Ga., four miles south of Chattanooga, 1-3 p.m., registration for six-week series of obedience, rally and agility classes for puppies and dogs. Classes begin Monday night. Must bring dog's inoculation chart. For list of fees and classes, check chattanoogaobedienceclub.org.
• Cherokee Sierra Club: Outdoor Chattanooga, 200 River St., 7 p.m., visitors welcome, Conrad Bachhuber, vice president of Wacker Polysilicon, speaks on "Wacker & Solar Energy." 423-718-5009.
• Black History Month Speaker: Chattanooga State Community College, Berry Auditorium in the Health Science Center, 6 p.m., free, Margaret Block presents "Freedom Songs and the Civil Rights Movement." 423-697-3371.
• Spay-ghetti No Meatballs Dinner: Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St., 6 p.m., $50 includes dinner catered by 1885 and silent auction, $50, benefits Wally's Friends spay/neuter clinic. 423-877-9966.
Green Drinks: Society of Work, 701 Market St., 5:30 p.m., professionals' networking meeting focusing on sustainability and green initiatives. www.greenspaceschattanooga.com.