• Fifty-Five Plus Club: Collegedale Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 4829 College Drive N.E., Collegedale, 11:30 a.m. bring vegetarian potluck dishes to fellowship hall, noon lunch followed by program from Keith Snyder, chairman of the Biology/Allied Health Department of Southern Adventist University. He will speak on his digs for dinosaur bones in Wyoming. 423-505-6605.
• Archaeology Lecture: Southern Adventist University, Lynn Wood Hall, Collegedale, Tenn., 7 p.m., free. Jodi Magness, who holds the senior endowed chair in the Department of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, presents "Ossuaries and Burials of Jesus and James." 423-236-2030.
• Chattanooga Herbies: Hamilton County Extension Office, 6183 Adamson Circle off Bonny Oaks Drive, 6:30 p.m., visitors welcome, learn how to grow chamomile and make recipes using turmeric. 423-875-9689.
• ElderScholars: UTC University Center, Tennessee Room, East Fifth Street on UTC campus, optional noon lunch in University Center Cafeteria, 1 p.m. program by Steve Freer, operations coordinator for the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum. 423-425-4363.
• Habitat Benefit: Flying Squirrel Restaurant, 55 Johnson St., 5 p.m. to closing, 10 percent of night's sales will be donated to Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga. www.habichatt.org.
• Chattanooga Music Teachers Association: Crutcher Pianos, 6223 Lee Highway, 9:30-11:30 a.m., free and visitors welcome, class led by Fay Swadley Adams, associate professor of piano at the University of Tennessee at Knoxville and director of the Suzuki Piano School of Knoxville. email@example.com.
• Chattanooga Stamp Club: Hickory Valley Christian Church, 6605 Shallowford Road, 6:30 p.m. doors open, 7:30 p.m. stamp auction, visitors welcome. 325-280-5549.
• Lasagna Dinner: Calvary Christian School, 4601 N. Terrace, four seatings at 5:30, 6, 6:30 amd 7 p.m., $7.50 ages 13 and up, $4.50 ages 4-12, $30 family rate. Proceeds will help fund seniors' mission trip. For ticket reservations: 423-622-2181.
• Pruning Workshop: Signal Mountain Nursery, 1100 Hubbard Road, Signal Mountain, 10 a.m., free and no reservation required, arborist Jonathan Nessle demonstrates pruning and trimming techniques. 423-886-3174.