- Benefit singing, featuring Crystle Elam, The Wilkey Family and Annette Kelsey and Rhett Ouzts, is scheduled at 6 p.m. today at Faith Baptist Church, 273 Old Graysville Road in Dayton, Tenn. All proceeds go toward building a new fellowship hall. For more information, call 423-428-9253 or 423-619-2602.
- Faith, Family & Freedom Sunday: Gospel great Sandi Patty performs patriotic anthems, American songbook classics and songs of faith and worship, accompanied by church's Zadok Choir & Orchestra, 7 p.m. Sunday at Abba's House, 5208 Hixson Pike. $75 VIP tickets (includes meet-and-greet at 5:15 p.m., free CD and first seating; $35 general admission, with early entry at 6 p.m.; $25 general admission, with entry at 6:30 p.m. 1-844-447-7664, www.abbashouse.com/sandipatty.
- Cars, trucks, crafts: Vendors wanted for Lyerly United Methodist Church's ninth annual Car & Truck Show and Craft Festival, set for 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Aug. 12 at Dowdy Park, corner of Highways 27 and 114 in Summerville, Ga. Sixty vendors registered; room for 20 more offering products, services and concessions, with $20 fee for 15-by-15 outdoor space. Day will include more than 50 antique vehicles, music by Joseph Crowe, 50/50 drawing, cake walk, door prizes and playground. For application, leave message for Judy Motes at 706-857-6008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cookbooks: Last 15 available from Lyerly United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 152, Lyerly, GA 30730. Send $10, plus $2 shipping and handling. Call JoAnn Mitchell, 706-895-2636, for information on buying from a church member or a Chattooga County business.
- Free pancake breakfast, 8:30-10:30 a.m. today at St. Alban's Episcopal Church, 7514 Hixson Pike. Also, the year-round farmers market will be set up 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. for sales of local produce, meats and handmade goods. 423-842-1342.
- Marriage Retreat: Rick and Cindy Mercer will lead couples in a free marriage tune-up, using their experience as an example — they credit Cindy's persistent prayers with saving their marriage and bringing Rick out of a life of fast parties, alcohol, drugs and lust. Final seminars 11 a.m.-noon and 2:30-4 p.m. today (with lunch). Space is limited, but handout materials may be available to drop-ins. 423-544-4382.
- Youth Day, 11 a.m. Sunday at Wesley Chapel Christian Community Church, 1813 Wilson St. 423-698-7578.
- Young Ladies of Power fifth anniversary celebration, 2 p.m. July 1 at Olivet Baptist Church Kingdom Center, 730 M.L. King Blvd. 423-266-8709.
- Recovery, a Christ-centered 12-step program for anyone struggling with addictive issues, compulsive behaviors, loss and life challenges, meets each Thursday at Ooltewah United Methodist Church, 6131 Relocation Way. Dinner at 5:30 p.m., worship at 6:15 p.m., open share groups at 7:30 p.m. Child care provided. 423-238-9216, oumclive.org/recovery.
- Hickory Valley Baptist Church, 2320 Hickory Valley Road. Vacation Bible School: "You Are Fearfully and Wonderfully Made," 6-8 p.m. every Wednesday through July 19. Free supper, Bible teaching, games and crafts. 423-892-1916.
- Lyerly United Methodist Church, 105 Oak Hill Road, Lyerly, Ga. Vacation Bible School, including Bible fun, music, science lab, crafts, games, hot dog lunch and snacks, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. today. Open to children of all ages. For more information, call Martha Tudor, 706-895-2669.
- Hixson United Methodist Church, 5301 Old Hixson Pike. Vacation Bible School, "Maker Fun Factory: Created by God, Built for a Purpose," 9 a.m.-noon Monday through Friday. For ages 4 through fourth-grade graduates. email@example.com, 423-877-1246. Register at http://hixsonumc.org/pages/Vacation-Bible-School-2017.
- Camp Run Free, no-cost summer day camp incorporating horses, games and Bible lessons, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. July 17-21 at Rhea County Fairgrounds in Evensville, Tenn. Hosted by Blazing Hope Ranch, a faith-based nonprofit working to combat human trafficking. www.blazinghoperanch.org/camp-run-free.
- Daisy United Methodist Church, 9508 Dayton Pike. Vacation Bible School, "Galactic Starveyors: Discovering the God of the Universe," 6-8 p.m. July 17-24, with a family cookout on the last night. 423-332-3243, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be included in Faith Briefs, send information to LDenton@timesfreepress.com. Listings must be sent by Wednesday morning each week.