The Rev. Richard Stika, bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Knoxville, has made the following assignments - effective Aug. 1 - involving priests in the Chattanooga area:
* The Rev. George Schmidt, dean, Chattanooga Deanery.
* The Rev. Charlie Burton, pastor, St. Jude Church, Chattanooga; he replaces the Rev. Joe Brando, who is retiring from active ministry July 1 but will serve as parochial administrator at the church through July 31.
* The Rev. Jim Vick, pastor, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church; he replaces the Rev. Mike Nolan, who was appointed pastor of St. Dominic Church in Kingsport.
* The Rev. Peter Iorio, pastor, St. Therese of Lisieux Church in Cleveland; a Chattanooga native and the former pastor of St. Augustine Church on Signal Mountain, he will continue as diocese's director of vocations and of priestly life and ministry.
* The Rev. P. J. McGinnity, pastor, St. Joseph the Worker Church in Madisonville; he was previously pastor of St. Stephen Church in Chattanooga and St. Therese of Lisieux Church in Cleveland.
* The Rev. William Oruko, pastor, St. Mary Church in Athens.
* The Rev. Patrick Resen, pastor, St. Catherine Labouré Church in Copperhill, and part-time associate pastor, St. Joseph the Worker Church in Madisonville.
* The Rev. Augustine Idra, associate pastor, Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church and chaplain at Notre Dame High School; he replaces the Rev. Tony Dickerson, associate pastor, All Saints Church in Knoxville, and co-chaplain, Knoxville Catholic High School, as well as master of ceremonies for the bishop and for diocesan events.
* The Rev. Michael Maples, associate pastor, St. Therese of Lisieux Church in Cleveland.
* The Rev. Alex Waraksa, part-time associate pastor at Holy Spirit Church in Soddy-Daisy; he will continue as spiritual moderator of the Cursillo movement.
* The Rev. Christian Mathis, a Chattanooga native, pastor, St. Thomas the Apostle Church in Lenoir City.