A double-wide mobile home was consumed by fire Friday morning, Hamilton County Emergency Services reports.
Firefighters responded to the house at 12210 Dolly Pond Road around 4:30 a.m., Emergency Services Chief Tony Reavley said.
The mobile home was unoccupied at the time because of a non-functioning heating/air unit, the Highway 58 Fire Department said. The owner, Walter Banther, told firefighters that he had been staying at a neighbor's home until repairs on the unit could be made.
Banther told firefighters he was using space heaters to keep the mobile home's pipes from freezing during the cold weather.
The cause of the fire will be investigated by the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, Reavley said.
The Hamilton County EMS & Hamilton County Sheriff's Office provided assistance on scene, and there were no injuries, he said.
Reavley called the mobile unit a "total loss" due to fire damage estimated at $80,000.