Man in hospital after Christmas morning trailer fire

Man in hospital after Christmas morning trailer fire

December 25th, 2010 by Harrison Keely in Local - Breaking News

A man has been sent to the hospital after the temporary 28' x 8' travel trailer he was using for the holidays was found engulfed in flames at 4:15 Christmas morning.

The popping and cracking of the fire at 12724 Calypso Lane in Sale Creek reportedly woke the occupant up so that he was able to escape, Hamilton County Emergency Services Chief Tony Reavley said.

An electric space heater too close to the bed is believed to be the cause of the fire, Reavley said.

The man is being treated for smoke and heat inhalation and was transported by Hamilton County EMS to Erlanger, emergency services reports. Reavley said the extent of the man's injuries isn't available at this time.

Firefighters were on the scene for about two and a half hours, he added, noting that estimated damage is approximately $7,500.