Follow the storm damage live blog.
Hamilton County schools will be dismissed at 11 a.m. due to power outages and as a precaution against severe afternoon storm forecasts, according to school spokeswoman Danielle Clarke.
Buses will run on a three-tier system, but parents are able to pick up kids at any time.
"We got a lull," she said. "Let's take care of business."
The following schools are also closing:
• Georgia Northwestern Technical College will be closing all campus locations at 2 p.m. today due to severe weather. All classes and activities have been canceled.
• UTC will be closing at 1 p.m.
• Dade County Schools at noon.
• Chattanooga Christian at 11 a.m.
• Catoosa County Schools are closing early. Parents can pick up at anytime. Elementary buses will run at noon. High school: Student drivers dismissed at 1; buses for middle and high will run at 1:15
• Rhea County at 11:15 a.m.
• Meigs County Schools will dismiss at 11:30 a.m.
• Walker County at 11:30 a.m.
• Chickamauga City Schools will dismiss at 12 p.m.
• Dekalb County Schools are closing early.
• Franklin County Schools are closed today.
• Marion County Schools are closing at 12 p.m.
• Etowah City Schools are closing at 12 p.m.
• Baylor School is closing at 12:30 p.m.
• Cleveland High School is closing at noon. Cleveland elementary schools are closing at 1 p.m.
• All activities at First-Centenary United Methodist Church have been cancelled for today.