Carbon monoxide kills couple

Carbon monoxide kills couple

April 30th, 2011 by Staff Report in Local Regional News

A couple who were using a generator in their garage for power apparently succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning today, Chattanooga police said.

The couple's daughter found them in their home at 3013 Fox Drive off Wilcox Boulevard, police spokeswoman Sgt. Jerri Weary said in a news release.

She said the power was knocked out by Wednesday's storms and the couple had bought the generator to power their house.

When they were found, the carbon monoxide count was high throughout the home, Weary said.

The actual cause of death will be determine after the medical examiner completes an examination, but police believe the deaths are related to improper ventilation from running the generator.