Woman whose bed caught fire last month has died, police say

Woman whose bed caught fire last month has died, police say

August 13th, 2011 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

A woman who was severely burned after her bed caught on fire last month has died, according to Chattanooga Fire Department spokesman Bruce Garner.

On July 28, Edy Baker had fallen asleep in bed while smoking a cigarette, Captain Anthony Moore with the Fire Investigation Division said. The cigarette started a fire on the bed and she received burns to approximately 60 percent of her body, Moore said.

Baker died overnight; she was 60 years old, Garner said.

Read the original story here.