Prosecution finishes case in Casey Anthony trial

Prosecution finishes case in Casey Anthony trial

June 15th, 2011 by Associated Press in Local - Breaking News

Casey Anthony, right, sits at the defense table with attorney Jose Baez, during day 18 of her murder trial at the Orange County Courthouse, in Orlando, Fla., Tuesday, June 14, 2011. Anthony, 25, is charged with killing her 2-year old daughter in 2008. (AP Photo/Red Huber, Pool)

Casey Anthony, right, sits at the defense table...

ORLANDO, Fla. - Prosecutors have finished presenting their case against Casey Anthony, the Florida mother accused of murdering her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.

The prosecution rested today after 19 days of testimony. The defense is expected to begin with its case Thursday.

Anthony's parents said she disappeared with her daughter in June 2008. They recovered Anthony's car from a towing company and said it smelled like a dead body. When they found Anthony after she'd been missing a month, she told them a nanny kidnapped Caylee.

Detectives said Anthony told them multiple lies about her daughter's whereabouts. The girl's remains were found months later in woods near her grandparents' home. Investigators say she had been suffocated by duct tape wrapped around her head.

Anthony's attorneys say Caylee accidentally drowned and that Anthony's father helped her dump the body. He denies that.