Murray County: Autopsy shows father, son died of carbon monoxide poison

Murray County: Autopsy shows father, son died of carbon monoxide poison

March 9th, 2011 by Joy Lukachick Smith in Local - Breaking News

An autopsy report shows that the Murray County, Ga., father and his son who were found dead in their car Tuesday died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Murray County sheriff's deputies found the bodies of David Wayne Graham, 39, and his 3-year-old son, Easton, outside their home in a red Corvette on Tuesday morning, said Sheriff Howard Ensley.

Easton's mother got worried when her son wasn't dropped off at her house early Tuesday and went look for him at David Graham's house, Ensley said. The couple had recently separated and Easton was mainly living with his father, he said.

When the mother couldn't find anyone in the house she called police, Ensley said.

Investigators found the two in the car with the ignition on but the car wasn't running, he said. Police believe the car ran out of gas, but still haven't determined if it was a suicide, he said. But police aren't considering foul play was involved.

"It's a sad situation," Ensley said.