Fire puts family out of apartment

Fire puts family out of apartment

March 24th, 2011 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

Two adults and two children are homeless tonight after a cooking pot caught fire and spread to damage the family's half of a duplex around 6:50 p.m.

When the pot caught fire, the woman cooking tried to carry the flaming cookware outside. The flames' heat caused her to drop the pot when she reached the living room of her 1103 Towne Hills Lane apartment.

Firefighters were able to contain the blaze to the living room, but the rest of the apartment sustained smoke and water damages. Total damages are estimated to be between $35,000 and $40,000.

No injuries were reported.