A couple whom authorities say died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning Saturday has been added to the storm death toll, raising it to 11, according to Hamilton County Emergency Services.
The couple, whose names have not been released, were found dead in their home by their daughter, Chattanooga police said Saturday.
The couple had bought a generator and placed it in the garage to power their home after the storm knocked out electricity, police said. Authorities believe improper ventilation was responsible for the deaths, but the medical examiner will issue a formal ruling after an examination.
The Hamilton County death toll includes the Fox Drive couple, a woman in the Shepherd neighborhood and eight people in Apison.
For complete information, see Monday's Times Free Press.