Who said psychedelic rock died in the 1970s? Nobody seemed to tell that to Dr. Dog. No, that is not the name of a new West Coast rapper. Dr. Dog is a five-piece rock-n-roll band from Philadelphia that would make John Lennon proud if he were still alive today.
Formed in 1999, Dr. Dog built a following around southeastern Pennsylvania with a throwback sound. Combining strong lead vocals, tight backing harmonies and a lo-fi rock-n-roll sound, the band pays a respectable homage to the psychedelic rock from the late 1960s and early 1970s that has obviously influenced their career. After constant touring over the years and releases of various albums, Dr. Dog earned spots at major festivals around the country and toured with successful bands such as Wilco and My Morning Jacket. With the 2008 release of highly acclaimed album "Fate," the band's reputation has only continued to rise. In 2010, the band signed to a larger record label for the release of its latest album, "Shame, Shame."
Even though the production of recent albums has become a little more polished and the band has experienced a few member changes over the years, Dr. Dog has remained true to the sound and genre that helped jump-start the band more than a decade ago. Now headlining tours across the United States, Chattanooga will get a taste of Dr. Dog's high-energy rock-n-roll show with a live performance at Track 29 on Friday, Nov. 18.
Shame, Shame ' Released 2010
• Unbearable Why • Mirror, Mirror • Jackie Wants a Black Eye • Shame, Shame
Fate ' 2008
• The Breeze • Hang On • 100 Years • The Old Days • The Ark • From
We All Belong ' 2007
• Ain't It Strange • Keep A Friend • Worst Trip
New Orleans based Southern Gothic singer-song writer
Performing live at Barking Legs Theater on Friday 11/11
The Lost Cause Minstrels ' 2011
• Highway 42 • John The Dagger
Rott 'N' Roll ' 2008
• Back To The Country
Wail & Ride ' 2006
If You Knew My Mind ' 2005
• A Love Song For Bobby Long • Graveyard • Mercy • Washboard Lisa • I See You
Brooklyn , NY based alt-country band
Lead singer/founder of the band is from Huntsville, AL.
Here's To Taking it Easy ' 2010
• We'll Be Here Soon • Hej, Me I'm Light • The Mermaid Parade • Los Angeles
To Willie ' 2009
• Can I Sleep In Your Arms
Pride ' 2007
Aw Come Aw Wry ' 2005
• Joe Tex, These Taming Blues
Canadian indie rock singer -song writer
Metals ' 2011
• The Bad In Each Other • Graveyard • How Come You Never Go There
The Reminder ' 2007
• I Feel It All • My Moon My Man • Sea Lion Woman • 1234
Let It Die ' 2005