ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. - A Florida dog has ingested an expensive meal after devouring $1,000 cash.
Christy Lawrenson said she and her husband have been saving cash to pay off their car. Each time they accumulate $1,000 they take it to the bank to deposit it.
Two weeks ago, their dog Tuity, who is a Labrador Retriever, chow, bulldog mix, snatched the cash from the counter.
Orlando TV station WKMG said her husband found pieces of hundred dollar bills scattered across the floor.
Tuity vomited the money and the couple pieced together $900.
But the dog ate too many serial numbers on the last one-hundred dollar bill.
The couple sent it to the Department of Treasury with a letter explaining what happened in hopes of being reimbursed for the rest.