5 puppies rescued in Chattanooga house fire

5 puppies rescued in Chattanooga house fire

October 18th, 2011 by Staff Report in Local Regional News

Five puppies were rescued from a house fire today.

Shortly before 4 p.m., 911 received multiple calls about the fire, located in a home at 4323 Shawhan Road.

Firefighters quickly arrived at the house and confined the damage to the attic area, Assistant Fire Marshal Lt. Shellie Thorne said in a news release.

The family of three who live in the house were not there at the time, but firefighters safely removed five puppies from the house once the fire was under control, Thorne said.

The homeowners told an investigator that a tree had fallen on the roof near where electrical service comes in from the street. The investigator reported that the fire started in that part of the house and seemed to be electrical, Thorne said.

Connect with the Times Free Press on Facebook