Several roads in the Chattanooga area will be closed this weekend for special events:
• Riverfront Parkway/Riverside Drive from Power Alley to East 2nd Street, Chestnut Street from 2nd Street to Riverfront Parkway, Power Alley from the garage entrance to Riverfront Parkway and the Veterans Bridge south bound exit ramp will be closed from noon on Friday to noon on Sunday for the Southern Brewers Festival.
• Fort Street between West 13th Street and West 14th Street will be closed from 4 p.m. on Friday until Sunday for the Brainerd High School Reunion.
• ML King Boulevard between Market Street and Georgia Avenue and Market Street between East 8th Street and ML King Boulevard will be closed from 5:30 p.m. to midnight on Friday for the Nightfall Concert Series. The 800 block of Cherry Street will be closed at ML King Boulevard and will only be accessible from East 8th Street.
• On Saturday. from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., the following street closures will be in effect for the Southern Sunset Criterium: 8th Street from Broad Street to Georgia Avenue, ML King Boulevard from Broad Street to Lindsay Street, 10th Street from Market Street to Lindsay Street, Market Street from 8th Street to 11th Street, Cherry Street from 8th Street to Georgia Avenue, Georgia Avenue from 8th Street to Market Street, and Lindsay Street from Patten Parkway to 11th Street. Lindsay Street will be open for southbound vehicles turning left to ML King Boulevard. There will be one lane open northbound on Georgia Avenue from Patten Parkway.
• Blackford Street between North Kelley Street and Dodson Avenue will be closed from noon to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday for the Prehomecoming Community Block Party.
• Reggie White Boulevard, between West 19th Street and the entrance to the Skate Park will be closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday for the Chattanooga Market.