Fire burns two rooms in Red Bank house

Fire burns two rooms in Red Bank house

December 24th, 2012 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

Red Bank firefighters responded to a house fire at 333 W. Midvale Ave. around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to Amy Maxwell of Hamilton County Emergency Services.

When the first engine arrived on the scene, they reported fire showing in the front of the house. They quickly extinguished the fire and contained it to the two rooms, Maxwell said.

Red Bank Fire officials reported the two residence were home asleep when they awoke to the smell of smoke. They evacuated the house and called 911, Maxwell said.

Red Bank Fire Department requested a Mutual Aid response for additional manpower. Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department and Walden's Ridge Emergency Services responded to the scene to assist Red Bank Fire Department.

Red Bank fire officials reported the fire was accidental due to unattended smoking material, Maxwell said. No injuries were reported.