Blaze damages house in Red Bank

Blaze damages house in Red Bank

December 25th, 2012 by Staff Report in Local Regional News

Red Bank firefighters responded to a house fire at 333 W. Midvale Ave. about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to Amy Maxwell of Hamilton County Emergency Services.

When the first engine arrived, firefighters reported fire showing in the front of the house. They quickly extinguished the fire and contained it to two rooms, Maxwell said.

Red Bank Fire officials reported the two residents were home asleep and awoke to the smell of smoke. They evacuated the house and called 911, Maxwell said.

Red Bank Fire Department requested a Mutual Aid response for additional manpower. Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department and Walden's Ridge Emergency Services responded to assist.

Red Bank fire officials reported the fire was accidental, caused by unattended smoking material, Maxwell said. No injuries were reported.