Fire severely damages Ooltewah house; no one injured

Fire severely damages Ooltewah house; no one injured

February 13th, 2012 by WRCB-TV Channel 3 in Local - Breaking News

An alert neighbor called 911 just before 1 p.m. Monday afternoon when they saw smoke coming from a Bill Reed Road home in Ooltewah.

Firefighters from the Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department responded and reported coming from the eaves of the house when they arrived.

Making matters a bit more difficult, the home was nearly 500 feet off the road, requiring firefighters to lay nearly 700 feet of hose from the nearest hydrant.

Continue reading at WRCB.