A committee has been named to conduct the search for the next chancellor at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, UT System President Joe DiPietro said today.
UT Institute of Agriculture Chancellor Larry Arrington will chair the 23-member search committee, which includes faculty, staff, students, alumni and community representatives, according to a news release.
Roger Brown, UTC chancellor since 2005, announced his retirement last month and agreed to remain in office until a new chancellor can be installed or until March 31, 2013.
The committee's first meeting is expected to take place in late August. The search firm Parker Executive Search was also hired to assist the committee with identifying, qualifying and recruiting prospective candidates and with vetting finalists.
The committee will then recommend one or more finalists to DiPietro, who will submit his choice to the UT Board of Trustees for consideration.
"UTC is both a vital part of the University of Tennessee System and critical to the Chattanooga area and the region it serves," DiPietro said. "We are committed to finding the highest caliber of leadership to continue the progress made since Dr. Brown's arrival seven years ago."
The other committee members are:
- Jerald Ainsworth, dean, Graduate School, UTC
- William M. (Mickey) Barker, retired Chief Justice of the Tennessee Supreme Court (alumnus)
- Kino Becton, past president of Hamilton County chapter of the UT Alumni Association (alumnus)
- Bradley Bell, SGA president
- Richard Brown, vice chancellor of finance and operations, UTC (alumnus)
- Monique Berke, vice president, enterprise program management, UNUM Global Business Technology
- Robert Dooley, dean, College of Business, UTC (alumnus)
- Cheryl Faulkner, professional development coordinator, UTC (alumna)
- Tyler Forrest, assistant budget director, business and financial affairs, UTC (alumnus)
- John Foy, UT trustee
- Tom Griscom, UC Foundation chair (alumnus)
- Joyce Hardaway, chair of the Chancellor's Multicultural Advisory Council
- Martina Harris, assistant professor, UTC
- Warren Logan, president and CEO, Urban League of Greater Chattanooga
- Deborah McAllister, professor, UTC
- Gretchen Potts, associate professor, UTC
- Donna Roddy, past member of the UTC alumni board (alumna)
- Kayvon Sadrabadi, past president of the UTC alumni board (alumnus)
- Mary Tanner, interim provost, UTC
- John Tucker, professor, UTC
- Kim White, president of River City (alumna)
- Joseph Wilferth, associate professor, UTC.