Child falls into vat of fast-food grease at Tennessee Sonic restaurant

Child falls into vat of fast-food grease at Tennessee Sonic restaurant

May 9th, 2012 by The Tennessean in Local - Breaking News

CLARKSVILLE, TENN. - Two local parents are considering legal action against a fast-food giant after their daughter fell into a vat of grease steps away from the restaurant's patio.

Five-year-old Lily Clark fell into the buried "grease trap" at the Madison Street Sonic after dinner on April 28 and was "engulfed in grease," according to her mother, Dana Clark.

The vat is under landscaping that is a few feet from the tables and chairs on the business' patio, and is covered by a round disk that subtly juts out of the mulch.

Read more at the Tennessean.