With just a few weeks to go before the start of the Riverbend Festival, organizers of the 2012 Bessie Smith Strut announced tickets to the blue, barbecue and beer street party will go on sale Monday.
The Strut will take place on June 11 from 4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Martin Luther King Boulevard.
Tickets are $5 in advance through June 9 and $10 afterwards.
Tickets may be purchased online at bessiesmithstrut.eventbrite.com or at one of the following ticket outlets:
- Area Kangaroo gas stations
- Bessie Smith Cultural Center, 200 E. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Champy's, 526 E. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Mary's Lounge, 2125 McCallie Ave.
- Maggie G's, 400 E. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- JJ's Bohemia, 231 E. Martin Luther King Blvd.
- Roshanna's Hair & Beauty Bar, 320 E. Martin Luther King Blvd.
Admission is free for strut goers with a 2012 Riverbend pin and for children 6 and under.
This year's musical lineup includes: Motown funk legend, Ike Stubblefield, Grammy Awards Blues artist, Joe Louis Walker, the Lionel Young Band, and Blues guitarist, Hadden Sayers.
Performances will begin at 5 p.m. Voluntary contributions to sustain the Strut will be accepted at each gate.
For more information, visit www.bessiesmithcc.org or call 423-266-8658.