The most memorable quotes in the Times Free Press for November 4-9.
"This is Holly's team now."
- Dave Hart, University of Tennessee athletic director, on new women's basketball coach Holly Warlick taking over from the legendary Pat Summitt
"We've done 95 percent of our business outside of Chattanooga. We have covered approximately 40 states, but our business opportunities in Chattanooga have not been as great as we would like them to be."
- Carolyn Jones, owner of C.J. Enterprises Inc., on the challenges black-owned businesses face in Chattanooga
"I was not too terribly impressed today, if at all, at Mr. Stout's display of what he intends to show as remorse. I don't think he gets it."
- Hamilton County Criminal Court Judge Barry Steelman, on Myles Stout, who was sentenced to prison for the shooting death of an 18-year-old friend
"In my campaign ads, I said I'd be myself. And I'm a conservative individual, but that doesn't mean I'm not compassionate."
- Todd Gardenhire, newly elected Tennessee state senator in District 10
"We're thankful to have big companies like Volkswagen that employ major contractors. But we're not seeing many jobs in the foreseeable future for small contractors and I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better."
- Doug Onbey, an electrical contractor, responding to a Chattanooga Times Free Press survey question on the economy