Beginning Nov. 1, parents interested in their children attending one of the following magnet schools in Hamilton County can submit an application for the 2013-2014 school year:
- Barger Academy (K-5)
- Battle Academy (K-5)
- Brown International Academy (K-5)
- Center for Creative Arts (6-12) (audition required)
- Donaldson Environmental Science Academy (K-5)
- East Lake Academy (6-8)
- Lakeside Academy (K-5)
- Normal Park Museum Magnet (K-8)
- STEM High School (9-10) (accepting 9th grade only)
- Tyner Academy of Math, Science and Technology (9-12) (accepting 9th grade only)
- Tyner Middle Academy of Math, Science and Technology (6-8)
Parents can complete the applications online at www.hcde.org. They also can pick up paper applications at any magnet school or at the Hamilton County Department of Education's Central Office beginning November 1, a news release stated.
The deadline for applying is Jan. 31, 2013.
A public drawing or lottery will be held in February 2013 to determine the seat placement of the applicants.
Applicants for Center for Creative Arts are not placed in the lottery drawing as their admission is strictly based on their audition results, according to the news release.