Three incumbent council members picked up petitions this week and eight hopefuls joined the ranks of those looking to run in the March 2013 city election.
Seven people picked up qualifying petitions last week.
Those who picked up this week include:
• District 1: Matthew Ware, president and agent of Greater Chattanooga Insurance
• District 2: Roger Tuder, CEO of Associated General Contractors of East Tennessee; Priscilla Simmons, retired city worker
• District 3: Pam Ladd, current City Council chairwoman
• District 4: Tom Tomisek, local businessman; Jack Benson, current councilman
• District 7: Chris Anderson, food director at Bluff View Art District; Ervin Mitchell, former principal at Alton Park Middle School; current Councilman Manny Rico
• District 8: Moses Freeman Jr., former city employee
• District 9: Yusuf Hakeem, former longtime council member.
The deadline for turning in qualifying petitions is in December.