Lookout Valley home goes up in flames on renters' first night

Lookout Valley home goes up in flames on renters' first night

April 3rd, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

No injuries were reported after a house fire in Lookout Valley last night.

The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to the alarm at 156 Isbill Road at 10 p.m.

Battalion Chief Lesley Morgan said most of the front porch was in flames when the first firefighters arrived.

The house was occupied by Taylor and Coty Morrow, and their infant child. It was their first night in the rented house. Chief Morgan said they apparently didn't know their house was on fire until a passerby stopped and alerted them.

The cause of the fire was ruled accidental. Chief Morgan said the fire appears to have been started by improperly discarded cigarettes in a garbage can that was located on the covered porch area. The dollar loss from the fire was estimated at around $30,000.