Chattanooga firefighters responded to a duplex fire around 7 p.m. today at 4205 Wilkesview Drive.
Capt. Terri Rose with Quint 6 said a tractor-trailer truck, parked next to the duplex, was engulfed in flames when the first firefighters arrived on the scene.
The flames were spreading to the duplex, particularly in the attic, but the firefighters from four fire companies got the blaze under control quickly, Rose said. No injuries were reported.
Rose said an EPB technician cut power to the duplex because the fire damaged the wiring. That left two adults and two children without a place to stay. Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee responded to the scene to assist the family.
Rose said the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.