The administration of Mayor-elect Andy Berke announced a series of appointments, resignations and retirements today in a news release.
- Daisy Madison will continue in her current capacity as chief financial officer.
- Gayle Keown will continue in her current capacity as city treasurer.
- Richard Beeland will continue in his current capacity as deputy administrator of personnel.
Retirement requests have been accepted for seven individuals, including:
- Dan Johnson, Office of the Mayor
- Susan DuBose, personnel
- Steve Leach, public works
- Mark Keil, information services
- Marie Chinery, Office of the Mayor
- Randy Parker, fire department
- Beverly Johnson, neighborhood services
Letters of resignations have been accepted for eleven individuals in their current positions, including:
- Missy Crutchfield, education, arts and culture
- Mike McMahan, city attorney
- Dan Thornton, general services
- Beverly Cosley, Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Larry Zehnder, parks and recreation
- Boyd Patterson, Gang Task Force/Office of the Mayor
- Fred Houser, Gang Task Force/Office of the Mayor
- Matt Lea, Office of the Mayor
- Kathie Fulgham, Office of the Mayor
- Ron Swafford, human services
- Anita Ebersole, Office of the Mayor
Mayor-elect Berke will continue his discussions with Police Chief Dodd on his future with the city and how to implement the most effective public safety measures to make our city safer.
"I am dedicated to ensuring we have the best people serving in government to implement my vision for our city," said Berke. "We must focus on the issues that matter most to our community, like keeping our citizens safe in their neighborhoods, having opportunities for their kids, and providing more jobs so they can take care of their families."
"After an extensive review of the functions of city government, we are identifying places where we can be more effective and efficient, streamline processes and take responsibility for how tax dollars are spent."
For more information, read tomorrow's edition of the Times Free Press.