Lightning strike sparks fire at Lookout Valley home

Lightning strike sparks fire at Lookout Valley home

August 13th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

A lightning strike during last night's storm sparked a fire at a Lookout Valley home.

Chattanooga firefighters were dispatched to a house at 3380 Elder Mountain Road.

Firefighters entered the second floor of the home and got the fire under control quickly, saving most of the house and its contents, according to a news release from the Chattanooga Fire Department.

The family of four, including two young children, all made it safely out of the house.