* What: Holiday Starlight Parade.
* When: 6 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15.
* Where: Market Street from M.L. King Boulevard to Third Street in downtown Chattanooga.
* Admission: Free.
* Phone: 423-265-0771.
* Website: www.ChattanoogaPresents.com.
Due to the forecast of rain for Saturday, the Holiday Starlight Parade will be held Sunday at 6 p.m., organizers announced.
The parade route will follow Market Street from M.L. King Boulevard to Third Street before disbanding at Broad Street. The review stand, where WRCB-TV Channel 3 personalities will serve as emcees, will be located in the 800 block of Market Street, across from Miller Plaza.
The procession is expected to feature more than 60 entries, consisting of regional bands, balloons, floats, walking units and the Scenic City Volks Folks car club, a nod to parade sponsor Volkswagen of Chattanooga.
All entries will be strung with festive holiday lights. Dozens of volunteers also will be walking along the parade route, handing out candy and other treats.
The most anticipated entry - Santa himself - is always saved for last.
"It's become such a great Chattanooga tradition to come downtown with the family, enjoy the lighted parade and then spend the evening enjoying what the city has to offer during the holidays," says VW spokesman Scott Wilson.
The event is produced by Chattanooga Presents in cooperation with the city's Youth & Family department.
Holiday events abound around the region, but if you want to stay within a few blocks of downtown Saturday, here are more places to go before or after the Holiday Starlight Parade.
* Chattanooga Holiday Market - Chattanooga Convention Center, 1 Carter Plaza. More than 200 Chattanooga Market vendors have moved indoors for buyers to peruse their arts, crafts and foods for holiday gift-giving, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 15 (plus Dec. 21-22). Santa Claus available 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Free admission. holiday.chattanoogamarket.com.
* Chattanooga Zoo - 301 N. Holtzclaw Ave. Final weekend for Holiday Lights at the Zoo, including lighted grounds, animals opening presents and holiday games and crafts, 5:30-8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Dec. 13-14. Admission: $8.95 adults, $5.95 children 3-12. 423-697-1319, www.chattzoo.org.
* Christkindlmarkt - St. Mark's Church Northshore, 701 Mississippi Ave. This charming festival, pronounced Kris-kin-dill-mart, is filled with the sights, sounds and aromas of Christmas, with merchandise from local retailers, one-of-a-kind gifts from local artists and crafters, specialty foods, live music and twinkling lights. It's open 6-9 pm. Friday, Dec. 13, and noon-9 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14. Free admission. 423-267-5530.
* Creative Discovery Museum - 321 Chestnut St. The current exhibit is "Winter Wonders," and weekends offer Gingerbread Workshops (by reservation and with additional charges) plus a Holiday Shoppe to help youngsters choose gifts for family and friends. Admission: $11.95. 423-756-2738, www.cdmfun.org.
* EPB Building - 10 W. M.L. King Blvd. Holiday scenes filled with thousands of LED lights, Christmas trees and animated characters in snowy wonderland scenes in windows facing Market and Broad streets, daily. 423-648-1372.
* Hunter Museum of American Art - 10 Bluff View. Holidays at the Hunter exhibit of Christmas trees decorated by area artists and designers, daily. Admission: $9.95 adults, $8.95 seniors, $4.95 children 3-17. 423-267-0968, www.huntermuseum.org.
* Imax Theater - 201 Chestnut St. Showings of "The Polar Express" and "Penguins 3D," daily, times vary. Admission: $9.95 adults, $8.50 children 3-12 for "Penguins 3D"; $12.95 adults, $9.95 children for "The Polar Express." 423-266-4269, www.tnaqua.org.
* Southern Belle - 201 Riverfront Parkway. Weekend outings feature Breakfast With Santa (9:30 a.m.), 'Tis the Season Luncheons (1:30 p.m.) and Christmas Carol Dinner Cruises (6 or 7 p.m.). Admission: $22.95 adults, $11.95 children 3-12 for breakfast cruise; $32.95 adults, $16.95 children for lunch; $42.95 adults, $21.95 children for dinner. 423-266-4488, chattanoogariverboat.com.
* Tennessee Aquarium - 1 Broad St. Holidays Under the Peaks, featuring bird shows, penguin programs, interactive dive shows and butterfly releases daily, plus Scuba Claus shows every Saturday and Sunday. Admission: $24.95 adults, $14.95 children 3-12. 800-262-0695, www.tnaqua.org.
* Walnut Street Bridge - Walnut Street from Frazier Avenue to Aquarium Way. The pedestrian span across the Tennessee River is aglow with snowflakes. Detour a couple of blocks to see more snowflakes lining Broad Street. 423-702-6868, www.walnutstreetbridge.org.