East Ridge officials have charged a woman with arson in connection with a fire at the Superior Creek Lodge on Wednesday.
East Ridge firefighters were called to Room 206 of the motel at 1410 Mack Smith Road, where they found smoke pouring from the hotel room's microwave. The property manager said the occupant had been evicted about 20 minutes the fire alarm went off.
Investigators found the smoke alarm had been tampered with. They also found an unknown accelerant in the microwave.
Police officers found the evicted guest's vehicle at the Motel 6 on Camp Jordan Parkway today.
They arrested Lindsay Leonard, 29, of Auburn, Wash., on charges of aggravated arson and reckless endangerment. She is scheduled to appear in East Ridge Municipal Court at 5 p.m. Tuesday.