Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (all times EST):
1) PISTORIUS CHARGED WITH PREMEDITATED MURDER
South African prosecutors say the Olympian shot his girlfriend through his bathroom door after a shouting match.
2) OBAMA TO PRESS CONGRESS ON BUDGET CUTS
The president will urge Republicans to accept more tax revenue to avert across-the-board cuts due to take effect in less than two weeks.
3) WHAT SPARKED CARNIVAL CRUISE SHIP FIRE
A leak in a fuel oil return line caused the engine-room blaze that disabled the vessel for five days.
4) $50M DIAMOND HEIST FROM TARMAC OF BELGIUM AIRPORT
Eight armed, masked men made a hole in a security fence and stole the diamonds from the hold of a Swiss-bound plane.
5) A SHIFT IN GUN CONTROL DEBATE AFTER MASS SHOOTINGS
Colorado's Democratic-controlled House narrowly passed a handful of gun control bills, including limits on ammunition magazines.
6) MICROSOFT TAKES ON GOOGLE
It's spending at least $30 million to promote a retooled Outlook.com, hoping to rival Google's gmail.
7) YOUNG VETERANS LOOKING TO POLISH RESUMES
The unemployment rate for veterans between 18 and 24 exceeded 20 percent last year and vets say soldiers should start searching before leaving the military.
8) HACKERS HAVE IT THEIR WAY
Someone posted obscene messages on Burger King's Twitter account and changed its profile picture to a McDonald's logo.
9) LAKERS' 'SHOWTIME' MASTERMIND DIES
Jerry Buss, who built a dynasty for decades on talent from Magic Johnson to Kobe Bryant, was 80.
10) BARING ALL AT THE MUSEUM
Visitors stripped down for an after-hours viewing of the exhibit, "Nude Men from 1800 to Today," in Vienna.