Fire at Chattanooga Best Western hotel ruled accidental

Fire at Chattanooga Best Western hotel ruled accidental

February 19th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

Chattanooga firefighters responded to a hotel fire Monday night around 9 p.m.

Photo by WRCB-TV Channel 3 /Times Free Press.

A Monday night fire at the Best Western Hotel at 7641 Lee Highway has been ruled accidental.

Lt. Andrew Waters with the Fire Investigation Division said in a news release the fire was most likely started by an electrical malfunction in the room where the fire was located.

The loss was estimated at around $10,000.

First responders saw light smoke coming from a single, second-floor room and noticed the window blackened by smoke, according to a news release.

As a number of firefighters broke into the room to fight the fire, others evacuated the surrounding rooms. Firefighters found no one in the room. Hotel management confirmed no guests were registered to stay in the room in question.

Firefighters quickly controlled the fire and there were no injuries.