Cooking fire in Highland Park extinguished, no injuries

Cooking fire in Highland Park extinguished, no injuries

February 25th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

A fire in a kitchen in Highland Park was extinguished this afternoon by Chattanooga firefighters. No injuries were reported in the incident.

A news release said an electrical meter had to be pulled with the result that the three adults who live in the house will have to stay elsewhere.

Capt. David Thompson Jr. said the fire has been ruled accidental. It originated with food being left unattended on a stove.