Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1) US JOINS COUNTRIES GROUNDING DREAMLINER
Japan and India also stopped flying the 787s until the risk of battery fires is addressed.
2) FOREIGN HOSTAGES TAKEN IN DESERT STANDOFF
Militants kill two and take dozens of hostages, including seven Americans, at a natural gas complex in Algeria in apparent retaliation for the French intervention in Mali.
3) TALE OF NOTRE DAME STAR'S DEAD GIIRLFRIEND A HOAX
The university says linebacker Manti Te'o was duped into believing the woman he met online had died of leukemia.
4) OBAMA'S GUN PROPOSALS FACE A TOUGH FIGHT
His plan faces a doubtful future in a divided Congress where Republicans control the House.
5) FAILING LEVEES AFTER KATRINA
The AP says the first-ever inventory of the systems found hundreds of structures deemed unacceptable in 37 states.
6) IS ARMSTRONG TELLING THE TRUTH NOW
Viewers can decide for themselves at 9 p.m. tonight when the disgraced cyclist's confessional interview with Oprah Winfrey airs.
7) A BANKER'S MULTIMILLION-DOLLAR PAY CUT
JPMorgan's Dimon will see his salary fall by more than half to $11.5 million - fallout from an embarrassing trading loss last year.
8) THE BOUNCE HOUSE: FROM BACKYARDS TO OUTER SPACE
NASA and a private company hope to increase astronauts' comfort with an $18 million inflatable room.
9) STUCK IN A TIGHT SPACE
It took four hours, an air bag and soapy lubricant to free a Portland, Ore., woman wedged in an 8-to-10 inch wide space between two buildings.
10) 'DIFF'RENT STROKES' DAD DIES AT 89
Conrad Bain played Mr. Drummond, the white adoptive father of two African-American brothers, in the Gary Coleman sitcom.